What is Drastic + Dramatic

Monday, August 10, 2009

What's Mine is Yours

I want to care for you when you don't care,
hold you when you're losing grip,
listen when you have nothing to say,
whisper sweetly into your mouth
to give you everything you'll need
to whisper later in my ear.
to press my cheek to yours
when you talk, or chew, or smile;
seal your lips with mine,
hold your hand in mine,
take your hug and give you mine,
sync your gaze to mine,
to breathe your lungs,
trade you hearts
to trace your bones with mine,
to witness as you live
the matrix
of your life becoming mine.

4 comments:

J. Coombs said...

Excellent!
I like the symmetry - care when you don't care, hold when losing grip, etc.

The Dalai Llama said...

The descriptors form an extremely clear image. To the point where I feel uncomfortable, because I wouldn't normally admit to "whisper[ing] into [someone's] mouth."

emilyf said...

thanks! Don't you think everyone is capable of this reciprocality? It just has to be the right person.

Chase said...

This would be simpler if Blogger just had a "like" button similar to Facebook. Anyway, I like the repetition, which is odd to me. I don't normally like that. One line I liked in particular is

"to press my cheek to yours
when you talk, or chew, or smile;"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...