What is Drastic + Dramatic

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

5 years, 60 months, 261ish weeks, 1825 days later

Five years ago I talked about the five years before that. Shall we repeat the reminiscing?

Where I've seen myself in the past five years, 2013-2018 edition.

2013
Shortly after the last post, I finally got a degree that measures in sensigrade (that's a creative writing major's play on words, using sensigrade in place of centigrade. Get it? Like sense and grades because school. OK done.). I went off to a planned internship at some Church technical writing gig, and it was a good launch into reality.

I was in a musical! Ensemble only, of course, but it was still quite a fun experience that I'm happy I did once.

I went to Orlando for my first-ever SCUBA diving trip, which I loved and hated simultaneously cuz the ocean fascinates me and freaks me out simultaneously. My companions said at one point they saw a barracuda while I was facing the rest of them in a submarine regrouping huddle. By the time I swirled around it was long gone and I was very glad. I probably would've stopped breathing.

Also stopped over at Universal Studios and it's the best. BUTTERBEER. Say no more. Except Honeydukes and Seussville. #heartsforeyessmiley



I got my first big-girl job writing and mild editing for Food For Health International. I moved in with the best girls ever, LaShiz and Smash.

Eventually the stress of working at an unstable company gave me ulcers, so into the next year:

2014
I got a new job! The one I'm still at, where all I have to do is edit and tell people how wrong they're doing their job and it's great. Moved from Orem to Murray for work. Lived with this piece of classy act. Love my Carrie.

I joined Tinder early in the year and met some fun guys and had some great dates. Until I had a stretch of very stressful somewhat scary experiences, then I took a break.

I bought a big-girl car! A Ford Escape I named Giacamo.

I turned 30! Wha? Guess that's what happens if you live long enough. My mother got me the natural (?) gift of 30 pounds of cream cheese, which became the theme of my birthday party. And for a month after.

I decided to browse Tinder again, look for some leads. Saw this one bearded guy with the name of James. Swiped right.

Met Gandalf, finally. Also went to Lagoon for a work party.


Met that James guy in September; we went on lots of dates. I told him I loved him in October, he asked me to marry him in December, and, into the next year...



2015
We married each other! That was a good, good day in March.

James started college courses for becoming a diesel mechanic, and I baked a lot. I like that now I shall report about two people instead of just one. James is my life. We did lots of fun things like travel (Bear Lake; Seattle; Union, Oregon), eat out, hike, combine families, laugh, and love and love and love. That kinda covers a lot.



We did a paint night thing. That was so fun!

2016
I participated in a cookbook club for a bit. That was so my jam.

James got a new job at UTA. The difficult school and work hours this man endured to build his career...gold medal.

I did this cooking competition thing at Harmon's. I came in a very close second. Works for me. It was a stressful blast.

I got a fourth nephew, pretty much for my birthday. Thanks, Autumn!


I acquired two new sisters!


Went to Disneyland with Autumn's family during Halloween. THE BEST.


We bought a house suddenly. Yeah.


We adopted the Mighty Dustructo Dog, Midas! Our world (and house) (and slippers) was never the same.


2017
Life pretty much became all about surviving Midas and mortgage payments haha.

One more sister in the fam, the courageous bride of Baby Jay. I got to make their wedding cake, which was a first, but fun!


James turns 30 on the 30th, his golden birthday! Man, it was such an epic surprise party.


After a year of trying to get pregnant, we learn chances of getting pregnant on our own are about, oh, 2 percent. We slowly start figuring out what it all means and what's best to do.

In the meantime, enter two nieces, a month apart!


James finishes school!!!!!! What a relief. He's really happy in this picture. ;)

2018
So far so good. Main thing to report is the first try-to-make-me-pregnant procedure we tried was not successful, but we've got a plan ahead of us. I wager little fingers and toes will make their appearance in the next five years. But whatever happens forward, wow, what a blessed, remarkable, rich five years in the backward direction. I really love life and all those who share it with me.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

What a fun last five years! Mine would pretty much sound like, "and the kids got bigger -wait, me too!"
I hope you're writing more; I had fun talking with you at the conference.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...